stocks fell 1 percent yesterday, led by
Thousands of miners downed tools at Amplats,
"A lot of talk has come out about the real cost of the strike, the reality of the whole thing," said
"There could be retrenchments, which will cause volatility, and we are seeing the impact of that on the shares."
Amplats shares fell 6.16 percent to R457, making it the biggest decliner on the day, while Implats was down 4.05 percent to R109.37.
The JSE Top-40 index ended down 1.06 percent at 45 383 and the broader All-share index also gave up 1.06 percent to 50 350.
Declining shares outnumbered gainers - 234 to 101. - Reuters
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant