Lightwave's app allows users to connect to household appliances including lighting, heating and security using their devices to create what is called a "connected home," part of the wider internet-of-things trend.
The internet-of-things is the idea of connecting devices and products via a network, for example, controlling a home heating system through a smartphone.
As an Apple MFi developer, Lightwave will be able to use
Shares in Lightwave were trading up 70% at
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Detroit Raced Toward this Week's Bankruptcy Trial
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- California Passes First US Statewide Bag Ban
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted