BlackBerry had hinted at the possibility of a smartphone with a square but high-resolution touch display that was more reminiscent of their legendary QWERTY handsets, but the BlackBerry Passport was not quite what was expected.
Finally a few days ago during the morning earnings call, CEO
The BlackBery Passport between the Q10 (left) and a Canadian (right)
The squared-off screen looks impressive if not for the strange dimensions which are not really like the distinctly squarish frames of older BBs which were pretty comfortable to grip and were very hand-friendly- which the Passport does appear to be, judging from the way CEO Chen is holding it.
As one of three mobile devices BlackBerry will be putting out this year, the Passport could possibly be running on BlackBerry 10.2, and reportedly might come with gesture controls instead of just traditional touch. But some might wonder why one would need to replace touch screen just for some gestures.
The BlackBerry Z3 was launched in
Gesture-based controls for the Passport?
Word on the street is that the BlackBerry Passport will be launched sometime in September at an event in
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy