The bank has promised Sh348 billion (
According to Country programme coordinator
He stated that allocated funds are usually contributed in the course of projects' lifespan, usually 5 years. O'Brien commented "The government should continue the ongoing reforms in procurement and good public finance management. We will on our part seek to help more in designing and development of plans to increase absorption."
The bank stated that under the strategy, the funds will back development of sustainable infrastructure. It will also help to create more jobs and bolster equitable sharing of national wealth in line with the devolved governance system.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays