"Chris has a long history of promoting sound regulatory policy, free markets and economic liberty," said Garrett at the ceremony. "I know he will bring a steady hand, common sense, and strong leadership to the Commission. His deep understanding of our derivatives markets make him an ideal choice for serving at the Commission as it continues to implement difficult and complex rules that will have a significant impact on farmers, ranchers, and producers. Very few people know these markets as well as Chris, and his expertise will come in handy as the Commission faces markets that continue to shift and evolve."
Giancarlo was sworn in as a CFTC Commissioner on
TNS 24KuanRap-140626 30FurigayJof-4778562 30FurigayJof
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas