KEY RATING DRIVERS
The rating assigned to BCI's new debt issuance corresponds to the bank's long-term Issuer Default Rating (IDR) and ranks equal to its other senior unsecured debt.
BCI's Viability Rating (VR) and IDRs reflect its strong domestic franchise, improved capital base and balance sheet management, more diversified funding sources, and its stable performance through the cycle.
For more information on BCI's ratings refer to 'Fitch Affirms BCI's IDR at 'A-'; Outlook Stable', dated
The rating of BCI's
Upside potential currently appears limited but could stem from continued growth coupled with a material improvement of its capital base, with greater levels of core capital, while maintaining its sound overall performance, low risk profile and ample liquidity.
Fitch currently rates BCI as follows:
--Foreign and local currency long-term IDRs 'A-'; Outlook Stable;
--Foreign and local currency short-term IDRs 'F1';
--Support rating '2';
--Support rating floor 'BBB+';
--Long-term foreign currency senior unsecured bonds 'A-';
--Long-term national rating 'AA+(cl)'; Outlook Stable;
--Short-term national rating 'N1+(cl)';
--National long-term rating senior unsecured bonds 'AA+(cl)';
--National long-term rating on its senior unsecured bonds totaling MXN3.25 billion 'AAA(mex)';
--National long-term rating on its subordinated bonds 'AA-(cl)';
--National equity rating 'Primera Clase nivel 1'.
Additional information is available 'www.fitchratings.com'.
--'Global Financial Institutions Rating Criteria' (
Global Financial Institutions Rating Criteria
Latin America Financial Institutions
Source: Fitch Ratings
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go