Alcoa's purchase of Firth Rixson will bolster the company's aerospace business in the jet engine component segment. On a pro forma basis, the acquisition will increase Alcoa's annual aerospace segment revenues to approximately
The acquisition is subject to regulatory approvals and conditions and is expected to close by the end of 2014. Consideration for the acquisition is
Fitch currently rates Alcoa as follows:
--Issuer Default Rating (IDR) 'BB+';
--Senior unsecured debt 'BB+';
--Preferred stock 'BB-'.
--Short-term IDR 'B';
--Commercial paper 'B'.
The Rating Outlook is Stable.
Additional information is available at 'www.fitchratings.com'.
Source: Fitch Ratings
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World