Wednesday's crude inventory data from the EIA that showed an unexpectedly large rise in crude stockpiles also weighed on crude prices.
Meanwhile, traders are looking ahead to data on US jobless claims and personal spending, due this morning.
Markets are also watching the developments in
Crude oil futures for August delivery are down
On Wednesday, crude oil futures ended up
The US government's decision to ease ban on crude exports contributed as well to oil's rise. Investors shrugged off weekly oil data that showed a more than expected increase in US crude stockpiles last week.
Meanwhile, natural gas for August is up
On the economic front, the
Around the same time, the
The Kansas City Federal Reserve will release the results of its manufacturing survey at
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor