Wednesday's crude inventory data from the EIA that showed an unexpectedly large rise in crude stockpiles also weighed on crude prices.
Meanwhile, traders are looking ahead to data on US jobless claims and personal spending, due this morning.
Markets are also watching the developments in
Crude oil futures for August delivery are down
On Wednesday, crude oil futures ended up
The US government's decision to ease ban on crude exports contributed as well to oil's rise. Investors shrugged off weekly oil data that showed a more than expected increase in US crude stockpiles last week.
Meanwhile, natural gas for August is up
On the economic front, the
Around the same time, the
The Kansas City Federal Reserve will release the results of its manufacturing survey at
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE