These Chinese officials have been touring
Such an institution would be a direct rival to the
The initiative reflects only
In 2010, after pushing from emerging economies led by
The financial crisis led to a big increase in demand for IMF funds, first from weaker emerging nations but later, from the euro zone. The scale of IMF aid angered many emerging countries.
Asian countries grumbled that the IMF imposed softer terms on euro-zone borrowers than it did during the Asian financial crisis in the late 1990s.
The US and
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- House Votes to Sue Obama
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- Exxon Profit Rises, Production Drops