App development has made smartphones what they are today,this were the opening remarks of
The Pivot East event today saw 15 start ups pitch their innovations under the utilities, finance and society categories.
Under the finance categories, the five finalists were Beyonic from
Under the utilities category, the finalists were mafundi, a web and mobile start up that connects homes and offices with best technicians who have their portfolios uploaded on their platform. Gari SMS, a start up that links car buyers with car sellers through SMS.Sendy, is also a start up, a platform for on demand errands. With the tap of a button one will instantly connect senders and riders and enable payments via mobile phones.Mavazi, also pitched under this category, which is an app that helps users easily arrange and organize their closets and plan what to wear by catalogging and selecting from their items and
The final category that pitched today was the social category that saw Zipmedic by
Tomorrow, will see 10 more start us pitch under the categories for enterprises and entertainment.
Samsung also revealed that app development is what has seen them remain at the top position in the mobile world, with the latest app being Doctor S, an app in the Samsung S 5 that offers medical advice to the users. Samsung is also set to launch its own Operating System very soon.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures