The French company billed "Activite" as a chic watch with computing brains to track steps taken, calories burned, distance traveled, and sleep patterns.
"Our mission is to inspire health," Withings Chief Executive
Fitness has been a hotspot in the budding trend of wearable computers, with activity monitoring bracelets or pendants such as UP24 and Fitbit finding success in the market.
Consumer electronics companies such as
Apple built a Health Kit into the newest version of the software for iPhones and iPads, adding fuel to rumors that the
"Activite" was created by designers in
It use Bluetooth connectivity to synchronise with Withing Health Mate applications on Apple smartphones or tablets.
Withings says that "Activite" will be priced at
Since being founded in 2009, the firm has become best known for a smart bathroom scale that lets people tap into powers of the Internet and lets smartphones keep track of their weight.
Source: AFP via
All rights reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore