waking up on Glastonbuy farm this morning, stuck to their own sleeping bag, inside a tent that's hotter than the sun, to the smell of Cuppa Soups and Sainsbury's basic curry noodles. The summer festival season may be in full swing, but that doesn't mean you have to give up creature comforts and first-world sanitation. Organisers have been teaming up with boutique camping companies, gourmet caterers and posh portable loo providers for years, and now they've perfected the VIP festival experience. "Glampers", or glamorous campers, have never had so much choice. Here are
The Pavilion Gardens Relax in Regency splendour with access to a salon, walkabout acts, private toilets and a Secret Emporium.
loveboxfestival.com From £175pp a day 19-18 July, Lovebox, Park, Hackney Victoria Dreamfields Who says raving can't be done in style? Indian rugs and wooden beds are on offer if you opt for an Emperor tent at Creamfields ticketmaster.co.uk £621.85pp Creamfields, 22-24 August, Liverpool Camping Opt for a luxury six-berth trailer with wardrobes and a home cinema system. It'll set you back £3,895 - 20 times the cost of a normal ticket.
latitudefestival.com £3,700 17-20 July,
ticketline.co.uk/bestival £136pp Bestival, 4-7 September,
vfestival.com/v-style From £1,790 16-17 August, V Festival, & Birmingham Chelmsford The Residence Package This elaborately decorated Shikar tent comes with gourmet food and late night DJs.
ticketmaster.co.uk £979pp T in the Park, 11-13 July,
Most Popular Stories
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- Sears Holdings Loses $573 Million
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Beyonce, Jay-Z Cuba Trip Was Legal After All
- U.S. Veteran Killed Fighting in Ukraine
- Chinese Stock Funds Are a Late-summer Bloomer