The forward-looking GfK consumer climate index released Wednesday, based on 2,000 interviews, rose to 8.9 points for July following an upwardly-revised 8.6 points in June.
Consumers' economic expectations climbed 7.7 points to a three-year high 46.2, willingness to buy rose 3.7 points to 53.2, while income expectations dropped 0.6 points to 47.2.
GfK says the ECB's cut of its key rate to 0.15 percent and introduction of a penalty rate on bank deposits "provided an important boost to the consumer climate in
GfK warns that the crises in
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast