"This body must be suffering from collective amnesia - that's the only way we would pass this legislation," said Congressman Sarbanes. "We need to wake up and fight for the interests of everyday Americans, not the moneyed interests on
Six years ago, our economy was thrown into a tailspin because of a devastating financial crisis, spurred in large part by reckless behavior on
However, the moneyed interests that oppose these critical protections have not stopped trying to undermine them through the regulatory process and in the halls of
Our political system too often caters to the influential few at the expense of the rest of America. It's time we create a new system where the voices of everyday Americans can be heard over the din of wealthy special interests. That's why I've introduced the Government By the People Act (http://sarbanes.house.gov/uploads/2014/govtbythepeople.pdf).
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July