Labour's tax and spend 'plan' released today is the Opposition's usual approach to public finances, Finance Minister
"After nearly six years in Opposition, all Labour can come up with is a re-hash of its failed old recipe of taxing more and spending more,"
"No one will be surprised -- or impressed -- by that.
"Labour want to increase taxes so they can spend more without any focus on better results. They are out of touch with New Zealanders' expectations that the measure of good government is better results, not more spending.
"Labour's complex capital gains tax would be full of holes, slap a new tax on 2.3 million KiwiSavers and on every
"As for the proposed new top tax rate, it's just the politics of envy. It wouldn't actually raise much money, it would encourage those who could do so to shelter money in companies and it would ignore the fact that these taxpayers already pay 22 per cent of income tax - even though they are just 2 per cent of taxpayers."
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Merck Profit More Than Doubles in Q2
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly