ENP Newswire -
Release date- 24062014 - New STM32 microcontroller design tools from
For STM32 F31 and STM32 F02 devices, the latest STM32CubeF3 and STM32CubeF0 embedded software provides free and ready-to-use dedicated middleware stacks, such as touch-sense and USB libraries, and a collection of drivers for STM32 peripherals through the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) that simplifies porting of applications from one STM32 series to another. Using this embedded software with the latest version of the STM32CubeMX PC-based tool, developers can configure the microcontroller with graphical wizards, and simply click to generate initialization C-code that can be used directly in many popular third-party development tools.
The new software joins similar STM32Cube platforms released earlier in 2014 for STM32 F4, F2 and L0 series, which simplify project starts and include hundreds of code-usage examples.
STM32Nucleo development boards are also now available for the STM32 F3 (NUCLEO-F302R8) and STM32 F0 lines (NUCLEO-F072RB) to assist early application development, leveraging the large ecosystem of Arduino application shields as well as dedicated ST extension boards. STM32Nucleo boards provide access to all device I/Os and integrate an ST-Link debugger/programmer, saving the need for a separate debug probe. Last but not least, the STM32Nucleo boards are mbedTM-enabled, which means they can be directly connected and run through the online development environment at mbed.org.
The STM32Nucleo boards are available immediately, priced from
Click here for the high-resolution photo
1Mixed-signal microcontrollers featuring the 72MHz ARM Cortex-M4 core with DSP and floating-point unit, and peripherals that include three 16-bit sigma-delta ADCs
2Entry-level microcontrollers featuring the ARM Cortex-M0 core, up to 128Kbyte Flash, and peripherals including crystal-less full-speed USB2.0 support and a CAN2.0B controller
Most Popular Stories
- Congress Passes Law Promoting Transparency Reconstruction of Haiti
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia