A derelict 19th century listed building has been converted into new affordable homes for rent, following a Pounds225,000 investment from the
Glengate Hall, in Kirriemuir, Angus, has been derelict for a number of years, and is on the Buildings at Risk register.
Pounds225,000 in funding was made available through the
In addition, Historic Scotland provided Pounds150,000 for the project through its Conservation Area Regeneration Scheme, (CARS).
The completion of the development comes as the
Welcoming the completion of the Glengate Hall development, which she will visit today, Housing Minister
"Glengate Hall is the most significant single building to be refurbished with the aid of the
"Thanks to the efforts of a number of organisations, including
"We have listened to Councils running the
"This would allow the owner will be able to sell the property on the open market post-refurbishment, with the condition that the property must be sold at an affordable level."
"This is a shining example of what can be achieved by working together across different sectors, and I'm delighted to see empty homes funding and conservation money being used to create affordable housing units in this remarkable building.
"It will have a big and positive impact on the local area, and provide much needed one and two-bed affordable homes.
"With around 23,000 long term private empty homes in
He added: "Glengate Hall is a Category C listed building that without this partnership approach involving central and local government and the private sector, would have remained an empty shell.
"Instead, thanks to the coordinated and creative approach that everyone has taken, that shell has been transformed into quality rental homes in the town centre."
CC AutoTriage1pm-140625-30TagarumaMar-4777993 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill