NEW YORK, N.Y. - MTV will reprise its former "Total Request Live" countdown show for a day with breakthrough pop singer Ariana Grande.
The network announced Wednesday it will bring back the series July 2. Grande currently has the No. 2 song in the country with the saxophone-laced "Problem."
The 20-year-old will perform her latest hit on "Total Ariana Live," debut her follow-up single and discuss her upcoming sophomore album.
"TRL" ended its run in 2008 after 10 years. The show was MTV's most influential franchise, but the network pulled the plug after declining ratings.
Grande was the star of the Nickelodeon sitcoms "Victorious" and "Sam & Cat." She released her debut album last year, which featured the hit "The Way."
The half-hour "Total Ariana Live" will air next Wednesday at 7 p.m. Eastern.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'