NEW YORK, N.Y. - MTV will reprise its former "Total Request Live" countdown show for a day with breakthrough pop singer Ariana Grande.
The network announced Wednesday it will bring back the series July 2. Grande currently has the No. 2 song in the country with the saxophone-laced "Problem."
The 20-year-old will perform her latest hit on "Total Ariana Live," debut her follow-up single and discuss her upcoming sophomore album.
"TRL" ended its run in 2008 after 10 years. The show was MTV's most influential franchise, but the network pulled the plug after declining ratings.
Grande was the star of the Nickelodeon sitcoms "Victorious" and "Sam & Cat." She released her debut album last year, which featured the hit "The Way."
The half-hour "Total Ariana Live" will air next Wednesday at 7 p.m. Eastern.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo