NEW YORK, N.Y. - MTV will reprise its former "Total Request Live" countdown show for a day with breakthrough pop singer Ariana Grande.
The network announced Wednesday it will bring back the series July 2. Grande currently has the No. 2 song in the country with the saxophone-laced "Problem."
The 20-year-old will perform her latest hit on "Total Ariana Live," debut her follow-up single and discuss her upcoming sophomore album.
"TRL" ended its run in 2008 after 10 years. The show was MTV's most influential franchise, but the network pulled the plug after declining ratings.
Grande was the star of the Nickelodeon sitcoms "Victorious" and "Sam & Cat." She released her debut album last year, which featured the hit "The Way."
The half-hour "Total Ariana Live" will air next Wednesday at 7 p.m. Eastern.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities