Yeah Yeah Yeahs' charismatic frontwoman Karen O has already struck out on her own -- she performed her Oscar-nominated single "The Moon Song," from Spike Jonze's Her, at the Academy Awards in March.
But she's about to drop her first-ever solo album.
The 35-year-old singer, whose real name is
"When I was 27, I crushed a lot. I wasn't sure I'd ever fall in love again. These songs were written and recorded in private around this time," she said in a release about the upcoming album. "They were the soundtrack to what was an ever continuing love crusade. I hope they keep you company on yours."
Karen O also shared the album cover art, which features her own drawings, on Twitter.
#CrushSongs will first be available pre-release as a ltd, special edition vinyl on @CultRecords pic.twitter.com/OzKVaeLARS-- Karen O (@KarenO)
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border