ENP Newswire -
Release date- 13062014 -
IdentityX's universal authentication platform for mobile devices - the Infinity Platform - allows users to mix and match security factors of the past (such as passwords and hard tokens) with security factors of today (such as voice and facial recognition) and the emerging factors of tomorrow (such as vein and iris recognition).
Last week, Apple announced that it would open its popular Touch ID application programming interface to third-party developers - enabling iOS apps to leverage the fingerprint authentication technology.
Infinity already supports fingerprint-enabled Windows devices and is currently being integrated with fingerprint readers on Android-based devices such as the Samsung Galaxy S5. Now, with the integration of Apple's Touch ID, IdentityX is positioned for near-universal support of fingerprints to authenticate enterprise applications, regardless of which type of mobile device their employees or customers own.
'This is great news for online businesses such as banks, healthcare providers and others that have high-risk transactions,' said IdentityX President
'As a closed system, Touch ID security provided limited functionality for iPhone 5s users. But as an open system-when incorporated into the multi-factor Infinity Platform-Touch ID works in tandem with dozens of other biometric and non-biometric security factors to deliver a flexible, universal consumer solution.
'Because no single security technology is perfect or ubiquitous, the Infinity Platform provides organizations the flexibility to centrally manage the wide (and growing) variety of authentication technologies that smart devices support - leading to greater security while providing optimal choice and convenience,' said White.
IdentityX is an affiliate of
The Infinity Platform with support for Touch ID is now available in open beta and will be formally released with iOS 8 this Fall.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go