Despite advances in prevention efforts,
The IDB has supported the government of
The new program, called Citizen Security and Justice Program III (http://www.iadb.org/en/projects/project-description-title,1303.html?id=JA-L1043), focuses mainly on individual and community risk factors in urban, marginalized areas, addressing problems such as the use and tolerance of violence as a way to exert control and resolve disputes, the lack of economic opportunities, especially for youth, and the lack of channels for alternative dispute resolution.
The idea is to promote a culture change that facilitates a more peaceful co-existence and community governance, through interventions that provide knowledge and opportunities.
A comprehensive program for selected youth includes classroom and workplace training, life skills, job preparation and placement services. Another component aims to improve access to community-based justice services complementary to the formal court system, and to strengthen
The program, which will include rigorous monitoring and evaluations, contains specific targets to lower murder rates in target communities and improve security perceptions.
The IDB loan has a 25-year amortization period and is based on Libor.
TNS 30BautistaJude 140626-4778462 30BautistaJude
Most Popular Stories
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana