Geeks everywhere rejoice.
Ever since being patented by
The original purpose of the modern computer was to carry out mathematical and logical operations automatically. The year 1939 brought about the first electric computer for routine use. In 1973 computers with graphical interfaces, keyboards and a mouse were sold commercially. Research and development allowed for several other uses of computers. By the mid 1990s, home computers became commonplace, and a surge of web users began after 1994.
Video game consoles
The first generation video game consoles appeared in the 1950s but could not be connected to home televisions. In 1972, Magnavox released the Magnavox Odyssey, the first home video game system. Future generations would bring about the
Although originally sold in low numbers, televisions have been commercially available since the late 1920s. Black and white consoles were the norm until 1972, when color television sales overtook black and white console sales. Continued research and development over the years have seen an increase in screen sizes, flat technology and exponential increases in picture and sound quality.
The Internet is one of the most influential developments to help people get their geek on. Research commissioned by the Federal Government in the 1960s led to the present day Internet. The first message sent via the Internet was between
Mr. Electric encourages you to embrace your geekness on
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/06/prweb11975685.htm
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists