"Eli: 98 years old. WWII vet. Married 66 years.3 kids 50+ movies. Danced with Marilyn. Raised hell with Clint Eastwood. That's how it's done." — A. O. Scott, New York Times film critic and Wallach's nephew.
"He was as wonderful a person as he was an actor. He will be missed."_Robert De Niro.
"Eli Wallach was one of the great talents of our time whose prolific acting career spanned more than six decades. His notable presence on the stage and on screen was both memorable and moving, always." — Charlotte St. Martin, executive director of the Broadway League.
"Eli Wallach was a good friend, an extraordinary artist. His voice will also be heard in our film, 'The Roosevelts.' I'll miss him." — Filmmaker Ken Burns.
Original headline: Celebrities mourn the death of actor Eli Wallach
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips