"Eli: 98 years old. WWII vet. Married 66 years.3 kids 50+ movies. Danced with Marilyn. Raised hell with Clint Eastwood. That's how it's done." — A. O. Scott, New York Times film critic and Wallach's nephew.
"He was as wonderful a person as he was an actor. He will be missed."_Robert De Niro.
"Eli Wallach was one of the great talents of our time whose prolific acting career spanned more than six decades. His notable presence on the stage and on screen was both memorable and moving, always." — Charlotte St. Martin, executive director of the Broadway League.
"Eli Wallach was a good friend, an extraordinary artist. His voice will also be heard in our film, 'The Roosevelts.' I'll miss him." — Filmmaker Ken Burns.
Original headline: Celebrities mourn the death of actor Eli Wallach
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant