The trade facility will enable BTK to obtain EBRD guarantees and to offer finance with longer maturities to its clients. The EBRD support will also allow BTK to provide cash advances to finance transactions linked to both exports and imports and to facilitate the local distribution of imported goods.
EBRD President Sir
Technical cooperation projects will accompany this trade finance facility, to transfer know-how and pass on best practices in trade finance.
Launched in 1999, the Trade Facilitation Programme (TFP) aims to promote foreign trade to, from and among the EBRD's countries of operations. Through this Programme, the EBRD provides guarantees to international confirming banks and short-term loans to selected banks and factoring companies for on-lending to local exporters, importers and distributors.
The TFP currently includes over 100 partner banks in 22 countries where the Bank invests, with limits exceeding
TNS 30FurigayJane-140625-4777848 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy