Filmmaker Francisco Lorite has been nominated for an Imagen award for the short film 'Mediation.'
The Spaniard's film was nominated in the best theatrical short category by the Imagen Foundation. The foundation recognizes the positive portrayal of Hispanics in all media and honors Hispanic achievements in the entertainment and communications fields.
This is the second time Mr. Lorite has been nominated for an Imagen award. He previously won for his 2005 film, "Cuco Gomez-Gomez is Dead." The latest movie up for nomination was written and directed by Mr. Lorite and features actors Freddy Rodriguez, Marley Shelton and Lola Anthony. The plot revolves around divorce mediation between Mr. Rodriguez and Ms. Shelton, with Ms. Anthony as the mediator.
"Mediation" is the first film to be released by Top Rebel Productions, an entertainment company created by Mr. Lorite, Mr. Rodriguez and producer Bill Winett. Top Rebel launched early this year and will produce other projects featuring Hispanics.
The Imagen Foundation works to promote opportunity for Hispanics behind the camera and in the entertainment industry by providing resources and education. The project was one of five other short films nominated in the category.
The 29th annual Imagen Awards will be presented at a black-tie dinner on August 1st, at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids