"CCAT is eager to collaborate with
"This is an important opportunity for CCAT to apply its assets and expertise to continue to move additive manufacturing forward," said
Under the project, CCAT will be a subcontractor to Optomec, and will lead primary efforts to optimize metal powder additive manufacturing processes to improve the quality of aerospace alloy parts in both areas of engineering and repairing. The work will utilize Optomec's Laser Engineered Net Shaping (LENS) 850R additive technology at the CCAT Advanced Manufacturing Center (AMC).
Optomec is at the forefront of additive manufacturing systems for high-performance applications in the photovoltaic, electronics, biomedical, and aerospace and defense markets. The company has a global customer base of industry-leading manufacturers.
CCAT's AMC was named a "Center of Excellence" by Optomec, and offers Optomec unique expertise, research, and development work in the use of Optomec's LENS 3D printers.
In addition to CCAT and Optomec, other project team members include
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/06/prweb11974416.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile