"CCAT is eager to collaborate with
"This is an important opportunity for CCAT to apply its assets and expertise to continue to move additive manufacturing forward," said
Under the project, CCAT will be a subcontractor to Optomec, and will lead primary efforts to optimize metal powder additive manufacturing processes to improve the quality of aerospace alloy parts in both areas of engineering and repairing. The work will utilize Optomec's Laser Engineered Net Shaping (LENS) 850R additive technology at the CCAT Advanced Manufacturing Center (AMC).
Optomec is at the forefront of additive manufacturing systems for high-performance applications in the photovoltaic, electronics, biomedical, and aerospace and defense markets. The company has a global customer base of industry-leading manufacturers.
CCAT's AMC was named a "Center of Excellence" by Optomec, and offers Optomec unique expertise, research, and development work in the use of Optomec's LENS 3D printers.
In addition to CCAT and Optomec, other project team members include
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/06/prweb11974416.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply