According to the bank's decision, the interest rate on overnight Deposit Window Facility will be decreased by 50 basis points to 2.75%, while the interest rate on Weekly/Other Repurchase Agreements will be decreased by 50 basis points to 3.0%.
The Rediscount rate and the Overnight Repurchase Agreements will remain unchanged at 4.25% and 4.0%, respectively, according to a press release issued by the bank.
"This decision was prompted by recent positive developments in the fundamentals of the economy, acceptable level of expected inflation, the increase in the attractiveness of the JDs denominated assets as well as a significant improvement in the current account, reflecting a robust growth and a comfortable level of foreign exchange reserves," the bank said.
The decision attempts to promote investments, economic growth and job creation through making provision for credit at lower costs for various economic sectors.
The CBJ will continue to monitor the economic and financial developments, domestically and globally, and will stand ready to act proactively to ensure monetary stability and promote an attractive investment climate.
//Petra// A SH
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones