The RS-16 Unmanned Aircraft System™ (UAS) is a complete mission system including aircraft, avionics designed for safe operation in civilian airspace, a portfolio of advanced sensors, mobile operations centers, and radio systems for long range communications, among others. This is the world's first professional grade long endurance UAS designed for civilian applications. The RS-16 has a 12 foot 11 inch wingspan, while only weighing 85 pounds. It can fly for 12-16 hours carrying up to 25 pounds of payload at a speed around 65kts using 1.5 gallons of gasoline.
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- U.S. Producer Prices Held Steady in August
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Scottish Leaders Scramble for Votes on Independence
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low
- ISIS Grew Strong as al-Qaida Weakened