ENP Newswire -
Release date- 23062014 -
ZTE believes that 5G RAN (radio access network) technology should be a dynamic mesh network based on IP backhaul. In 5G networks there could be many types of base station including UDN (user densification network), massive
ZTE's approach to the improvement of 5G network architecture will make it possible for 5G networks to implement highly-effective SDMA (space-division multiple access), and ZTE hopes this approach will become the next telecoms industry hotspot for 5G technology research.
ZTE has viewed 5G as a strategic product since 2012, and has established teams to develop major 5G technologies and prototypes, including new services and applications. Since 2009, ZTE has researched SDA (software defined air-interface) technology, and in 2013 debuted its 5G SDA technology.
'ZTE's 5G SDA solution allows self-adaptation of the air interfaces,so that in the same network, a network element can supporting a variety of services, and the SDA can allow multiple wireless access technologies for optimal adaptation, maximising air interfaces efficiency,' ZTE Xiang Jiying said, 'At present, SDA technology is a key research area for 5G.'
For base station collaboration technology, ZTE has developed its Cloud Radio solution, and has tested and implemented it for commercial use in 4G networks, laying a solid foundation for partially-dynamic 5G mesh networks. As 5G involves a large number of parallel computations, ZTE has also developed vector processing chips for both 4G and 5G technologies which increase device processing capacities by 10 times.
ZTE is a global 5G researcher. As a major member of the IMT-2020 (5G)
ZTE has established partnerships with the three major Chinese operators and other customers, and has also established a research innovation alliance. ZTE carries out in-depth research into new service applications and network architecture innovation, and strives to develop the most suitable solutions for customers.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go