"We are making substantial investments in electricity system upgrades in
"We've also invested in our nuclear and other power plants and in the regional delivery system that serves our nearly 87,000 electricity customers in
Approximately 58 percent of the request is to recover the cost of investments and operating expenses for the Monticello and
"Our nuclear plants are among our lowest-cost resources, generating electricity 24/7," said McCarten. "The investments we've made will secure the benefits of this cost effective, clean energy resource for customers today and into the future."
Improvements to the local electricity distribution system in
* upgrading the high-voltage transmission loop on the north side of
* replacing an existing
* adding more automatic switches on key distribution lines that sense power failures and switch to an alternate power source. Ten such switches already operate in and around
"We know any rate increase affects our customers, and we worked hard to manage costs and increase efficiency to keep our request in this case as small as possible," McCarten said. "Our customers value reliable service, and we continually improve our system to deliver on their expectations."
McCarten emphasized that
A copy of the rate case filing will be available on the commission's website at. http://puc.sd.gov/Dockets/Electric/2014/. When posted, the docket # will be EL14-058. Information will also be available at www.xcelenergy.com
TNS 30FurigayJof-140624-4776002 30FurigayJof
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare