The bank has committed Sh348 billion (
Country programme coordinator
He said approved funds are usually disbursed in the course of projects' lifespan, usually five years.
"The government should continue the ongoing reforms in procurement and good public finance management. We will on our part seek to help more in designing and development of plans to increase absorption," O'Brien said yesterday.
The funds under the strategy will support development of sustainable infrastructure, create more jobs and boost equitable sharing of national wealth in line with the devolved governance system, the bank said.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006