The bank has committed Sh348 billion (
Country programme coordinator
He said approved funds are usually disbursed in the course of projects' lifespan, usually five years.
"The government should continue the ongoing reforms in procurement and good public finance management. We will on our part seek to help more in designing and development of plans to increase absorption," O'Brien said yesterday.
The funds under the strategy will support development of sustainable infrastructure, create more jobs and boost equitable sharing of national wealth in line with the devolved governance system, the bank said.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Family Dollar Will Stick With Dollar Tree