Hortonworks acquired the data security company, XA Secure to help the organization in providing comprehensive security to Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP).
He mentioned XA Secure team built and implemented security products with the perspective of enterprise in mind and pointed out the HDP near-term security strategy.
The security features were present earlier in HDP with those that will be introduced with XA Secure integration in HDP. XA Secure comprehensive approach will strengthen administration, authorization and auditing in HDP. There was no administration in HDP which is going to be centrally administered. After the acquisition, authorization and audit would be comprehensive instead of fragmented across components.
Hortonworks will be contributing the capabilities developed by XA Secure to the
The wider adoption of HDP across number of organizations there is a need for broader set of capabilities for enterprise Hadoop beyond basic data management and data access needs.
Security capability for Hadoop is one of the major features among others.
Hortonworks and XA Secure are working on the open roadmap and HDP Security technology is going to be available in 2014. Precognx stated that it will add security capabilities to Hadoop.
Other enterprise Hadoop providers like
The security capability in
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings