THE TURKISH central bank announced another rate cut yesterday, surpassing market expectations with a 0.75 percentage point cut in its benchmark rate.
The move brings the bank's main policy rate to 8.75 per cent, easing for the second straight month.
"Even though inflation is well above target and the current account deficit remains large, the monetary policy committee faces significant government pressure to ease policy… Further rate cuts are on the cards," said
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE