In the first 15 minutes of trading, the 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average fell 34.83 points, or 0.23 percent, from Tuesday to 15,341.41. The broader
Major decliners included pulp and paper, insurance as well as real estate shares, while utility, mining and marine transport stocks gained ground.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- U.S. Producer Prices Held Steady in August
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low
- Scottish Leaders Scramble for Votes on Independence
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors