U.S. markets are still hovering near all-time highs.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell four points to 16,932 in the first few minutes of trading Tuesday.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index lost a point to 1,961. The Nasdaq composite edged up six points, or 0.2 percent, to 4,375.
Bond prices rose. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note fell to 2.60 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays