Notice Type: Sources Sought Notice
Classification Code: D - Information technology services, including telecommunications services
Solicitation Number: VA11814R0443
Place of Performance (address):
Place of Performance (zipcode): 07724
Place of Performance Country:
VA Technology Acquisition Center
VA Technology Acquisition Center
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI)
THIS IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) ONLY. This request is for planning purposes only, and does not constitute a Request for Proposal, a Solicitation, a Request for Quote or, an indication that the Government will award a contract for the items contained in this
The Government is requesting that interested Offerors provide responses to the following questions with their response to this
1. Does the PWS provide the adequate details to provide a Firm-Fixed Price proposal If not please indicate which areas of the requirement are unclear.
2. If a Firm-Fixed Price Contract is not favorable, indicate what type of contract would best meet these requirements, and why.
3. Please see the Attachment A "Paging Services" please indicate if your company can provide the services listed (a formal quote is not required at this time) in each line of the table. If you have alternative or comparable services, please list and explain in your narrative indicating which item you are explaining.
4. Please see Attachment B "Locations" please indicate which locations your company can service. Also, list any deficient areas in which services are in-process or planned and the expected timeframes for coverage in those areas.
5. Please indicate if your company will partner with other companies to provide full service coverage. Explain how you will do this.
6. If your firm intends to utilize a service provider as a subcontractor, please indicate if you can register the
7. Please explain if audit trails are available to VA to ensure that pagers were sent, the times they were sent, and if they were received and what time they were received. Explain in detail other reports that can be obtained.
8. Please indicate if number portability is applicable to your pagers in the event of a non-incumbent award.
9. Please explain how you would enhance long-range pager services to local campus paging modalities to allow both on-net and off-net paging. Explain any burden on the government to do so.
10. Please provide an example of the types of pagers and their functionalities you would suggest in a large enterprise devoted to medical care and the support of the
11. Explain if pagers are a better choice for critical messaging over dedicated networks versus paging over other technologies like cellular networks. Also, explain why the technologies of the devices themselves are different.
Please direct any questions or concerns to
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones