IP rights are increasingly important in asset and stock transactions involving business computers and software. The complexity of software licenses makes it more challenging for counsel to identify licenses that should and can be transferred as part of an asset acquisition or divestiture.
Enterprise software publishers see business combinations between their customers as creating additional revenue opportunities. Recent cases including
Rob will provide guidance for counsel on the buy-side of M&A transactions. He will explain why software due diligence is often overlooked but critical to avoid risks of acquiring software assets that may come with greater liability than their value.
Included will be perspectives and guidance on these and other critical questions:
• What happens when the license is silent on the issue of assignability?
• What are key software due diligence success factors?
• How should counsel structure M&A deals to reduce software license compliance risks?
Following the speaker presentation, attendees will have an opportunity to get answers to specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
transactions and disputes with major software publishers such as Adobe,
For registration details: bit.ly/V6UGgr
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/06/prweb11968767.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Janet Yellen's Assets Grew by 8 Percent in 2013
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Petit Retires 46 Batters in a Row, MLB Record
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers