DISCOUNT footwear chain
The family-run chain, which has 554 shops, said pre-tax profits rose to £2.7m in the six months to 5 April, a large increase from £200,000 in the first half of the last year.
However revenues were down six per cent to £82.9m compared with £98.9m the previous year, which the company blamed on several planned store closures.
"Our strong market position ensures we are well placed to benefit from any growth in the
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays