REGINA - Regina city council has voted against heritage status for a century-old school that's currently facing the wrecker's ball.
Several delegations told council at a Monday meeting that Connaught (kuh-NAHT')
The board, which owns the building, was told by engineers earlier this year that Connaught has significant structural damage and is on the verge of collapse.
Trustees voted 5-2 in late March to close the facility at the end of this school year and move students and staff to another school until a replacement is built.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8