Just as impressive was the
I haven't been to a classical music concert in years - not since my father embarrassed us by falling asleep in his chair and then waking with a start and yelling, "Where's the bantam? Where's the bantam?"
On Sunday, I was astounded by the precision and beauty of the sound.
In an era of iTunes, DJs and teenagers sticking their butts in the air, it's so heartening to know an institution like the orchestra still exists.
However, when it comes to the arts, money is tight.
So I urge anyone who enjoys excellent classical music to |support this valiant group of virtuosos.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- James Foley Beheading Sparks Anger, Little Action
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death
- Beyonce, Jay-Z Cuba Trip Was Legal After All
- Sears Holdings Loses $573 Million
- Chinese Stock Funds Are a Late-summer Bloomer