Anew software solution for non-destructive testing (NDT) will allow inspection analysts to create and share inspection procedures with field inspectors around the world. Developed by DolphiTech AS (Raufoss,
With the increased use of carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP), the need for NDT is rising, but NDT equipment is expensive and requires time-consuming, costly training. "Today's NDT solutions simply do not scale," said Jan Olav Endrerud, vice president, product and marketing at DolphiTech. With DolphiCam TeamCenter, an NDT expert can generate inspection procedures containing instructions, photos and sample ultrasound images, as well as embedded camera and material settings.
Field inspectors simply hook up their DolphiCam and perform inspections according to the procedure. Reports are automatically created upon completion, which can then be sent back to the NDT expert, insurance companies or other interested parties. The system uses matrix transducer technology and is extremely portable, user-friendly, offering 2D and 3D images of internal structures in modern, lightweight materials. For more information, visit www.dolphitech.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Detroit Muslim Conference Stirs Controversy
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Immigration Delay Throws Both Parties a Curve
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)