The strength that has emerged on
Housing stocks are seeing some strength on the heels of the new home sales data, moving higher along with internet, healthcare, and airline stocks.
Most of the other major sectors are showing only modest moves, however, with lingering valuation concerns limiting the upside.
While the Nasdaq has climbed firmly into positive territory, the Dow and the S&P 500 are posting modest gains. The Nasdaq is up 24.98 points or 0.6% at 4,393.66, while the Dow is up 24.94 points or 0.2% at 16,962.20 and the S&P 500 is up 3.94 points or 0.2% at 1,966.55.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review