The strength that has emerged on
Housing stocks are seeing some strength on the heels of the new home sales data, moving higher along with internet, healthcare, and airline stocks.
Most of the other major sectors are showing only modest moves, however, with lingering valuation concerns limiting the upside.
While the Nasdaq has climbed firmly into positive territory, the Dow and the S&P 500 are posting modest gains. The Nasdaq is up 24.98 points or 0.6% at 4,393.66, while the Dow is up 24.94 points or 0.2% at 16,962.20 and the S&P 500 is up 3.94 points or 0.2% at 1,966.55.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?