The strength that has emerged on
Housing stocks are seeing some strength on the heels of the new home sales data, moving higher along with internet, healthcare, and airline stocks.
Most of the other major sectors are showing only modest moves, however, with lingering valuation concerns limiting the upside.
While the Nasdaq has climbed firmly into positive territory, the Dow and the S&P 500 are posting modest gains. The Nasdaq is up 24.98 points or 0.6% at 4,393.66, while the Dow is up 24.94 points or 0.2% at 16,962.20 and the S&P 500 is up 3.94 points or 0.2% at 1,966.55.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Josh Gordon Loses Appeal, Out for Season
- Pending Home Sales in U.S. Rise in Hopeful Sign
- Visual Search Sounds Cool, Remains Elusive
- Texans Look for Perry-Cruz Showdown in 2016
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women