The strength that has emerged on
Housing stocks are seeing some strength on the heels of the new home sales data, moving higher along with internet, healthcare, and airline stocks.
Most of the other major sectors are showing only modest moves, however, with lingering valuation concerns limiting the upside.
While the Nasdaq has climbed firmly into positive territory, the Dow and the S&P 500 are posting modest gains. The Nasdaq is up 24.98 points or 0.6% at 4,393.66, while the Dow is up 24.94 points or 0.2% at 16,962.20 and the S&P 500 is up 3.94 points or 0.2% at 1,966.55.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World