“We are dismayed by the spurious objections from the Ex-Im Bank’s opponents,” said
“Without Ex-Im Bank financing, the U.S. aerospace industry will be at a severe disadvantage as European and non-European competitors would continue supporting their companies through their comprehensive industrial policies,” said Buffenbarger. “Lastly, as China’s export credit agency grows dramatically, why would we want to eliminate one of the only effective tools the U.S. has to compete with China?”
IAM members across the U.S. are being urged to contact their representatives and call for full Ex-Im reauthorization with its exposure cap at adequate levels, and without damaging language that could lead to weakening domestic content requirements.
The IAM is one the largest and most politically active industrial trade unions in
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation