“We are dismayed by the spurious objections from the Ex-Im Bank’s opponents,” said
“Without Ex-Im Bank financing, the U.S. aerospace industry will be at a severe disadvantage as European and non-European competitors would continue supporting their companies through their comprehensive industrial policies,” said Buffenbarger. “Lastly, as China’s export credit agency grows dramatically, why would we want to eliminate one of the only effective tools the U.S. has to compete with China?”
IAM members across the U.S. are being urged to contact their representatives and call for full Ex-Im reauthorization with its exposure cap at adequate levels, and without damaging language that could lead to weakening domestic content requirements.
The IAM is one the largest and most politically active industrial trade unions in
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel