“We are dismayed by the spurious objections from the Ex-Im Bank’s opponents,” said
“Without Ex-Im Bank financing, the U.S. aerospace industry will be at a severe disadvantage as European and non-European competitors would continue supporting their companies through their comprehensive industrial policies,” said Buffenbarger. “Lastly, as China’s export credit agency grows dramatically, why would we want to eliminate one of the only effective tools the U.S. has to compete with China?”
IAM members across the U.S. are being urged to contact their representatives and call for full Ex-Im reauthorization with its exposure cap at adequate levels, and without damaging language that could lead to weakening domestic content requirements.
The IAM is one the largest and most politically active industrial trade unions in
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy