PRIVATE equity firm KKR clinched a landmark green energy deal yesterday after snapping up a stake in a Spanishbased windpower business.
KKR, led by veteran buyout pioneers
AEI is a spin out from Spanish green energy business Acciona Energy.
"This investment adds to our track record of building successful partnerships with corporates and families," said Kravis, the co-chief executive and co-chairman.
KKR's move into green energy, which has been funded out of the firm's infrastructure fund, has gathered pace over the last three years after its first renewables deal in 2011.
The firm's move into the green energy sector comes after it got burnt by investments in oil companies such as TXU, which entered the biggest bankruptcy in history. The growth of shale was blamed for the oil producer's downfall.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say