"At a time when millions of American households are approaching retirement and their investment returns are significantly reduced because of the Federal Reserve's low interest rate policies, it is important that government public policy minimizes the regulatory costs of investing for retirees, pensioners, and savers. We must strike the right balance between ensuring investors have the ability to earn adequate returns on their investments with appropriate regulatory oversight of our financial markets. I'm very glad that my amendment, which would help restore this balance and protect investors, was adopted."
TNS 18EstebanLiz-140625-30FurigayJane-4777295 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Merck Profit More Than Doubles in Q2
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly