The bank, owned by
"We have emerged from our start-up phase as the most active investor in the
Over the 12 months ending March this year, the bank invested £668m in 18 green energy projects - double the amount it backed in its first year.
"GIB's plans for a dedicated offshore wind fund are a real boost for our industrial strategy in a sector where we have a strong competitive advantage compared to other countries," Cable said.
"There are great opportunities for British companies and the industry has the potential to create 30,000 jobs for the
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Jennifer Lopez Throws Big Bash for Birthday
- Citigroup Unit Paying $5 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Obama Seeks Help From Central American Leaders