Speaking to the press, Mr.
"To access and analyze channelized lines within OC-3 and STM-1 can require specific and costly mux/demux hardware (perhaps at several layers) and unique test equipment. Direct access to any channel and traffic type within OC-3 and STM-1 would negate the need for such additional bulky hardware and greatly simplifies testing, monitoring, and analysis cost effectively."
He added, "GL's LightSpeed1000™ in Channelized Mode provides such simplicity, permitting direct DS0 level access to hundreds of T1s and E1s, and in the near future all the E3s and T3s constituting the OC-3 and STM-1. This platform, with its unique architecture, eliminates the requirement for external multiplexing hardware and hundreds of cables and connectors. Multiple, independent streams of any user-defined capacity can be generated internally, analyzed, and monitored in real-time.
GL's LightSpeed1000™ supports Channelized SONET and SDH mapping to T1 E1 framing modes. When the LightSpeed 1000™ is configured in SDH framing mode, it is capable of supporting bidirectional channelization into 63 independent E1 channels. When configured for
• 2 Channelized OC-3 STM-1
• 2 Unchannelized OC-3 STM-1 OC-12 STM-4 interfaces per Lightspeed1000™ card – for monitoring both directions
• Channelized ports act as terminal multiplexers and demultiplexers
• Allows direct access to anything and everything on
• Supports any combination of DS0/64/56/16/8 kbps fractional T1/E1, and N x T1/E1 interface definitions (a total of 126 E1s or 168 T1s – each port supporting 84 T1s or 63 E1s),
• Future support for direct access to all E3s and T3s without hardware modification -software revision only
• Pluggable SFPs allow Single-mode (SM), and Multi-mode (MM) fiber optic non-intrusive tap
• API for Microsoft® Windows® and Linux operating Systems to develop user specific applications
• Key T1 / E1 specific features: o Comprehensive protocol analysis and emulation – HDLC, SS7, ISDN, CAS, PPP, Frame Relay, ATM and more
o Analysis of DS0s for frequency, power level, spectral display, listen to channel
o GL's proven WCS high level remote interface
o ?ll protocols analyzers can be used with GL's NetSurveyorWeb™ Supported SONET Mappings: § STS-3/OC-3 --> STS-1 -->
§ STS-3/OC-3 --> STS-1 -->
§ STM-1 --> AU-4 --> TUG-3 --> TUG-2 --> TU-12 --> E1
§ STM-1 --> AU-3 --> TUG-2 --> TU-11 --> T1
§ STM-1 --> AU-4 --> TUG-3 --> TUG-2 --> TU-11 --> T1 Applications:
• Monitoring GSM Abis link over channelized OC-3 STM-1 for monitoring RF information, Roaming, SMS, Location update, and more
• Testing voice and data services on hybrid networks (such as ATM to SDH)
• Non-intrusive protocol analysis and monitoring (ex: Monitor tens to hundreds of SS7 links for signaling and bearer channels)
Founded in 1986,
GL's test tools range from simple PC-based software test tool to all-encompassing hardware units with futuristic expansion capabilities. GL's test solutions cover wide array of networks – 4G (LTE), 3G, IP, Ethernet, T1, T3, E1, E3, OC-3/STM-1, OC-12/STM-4, and traditional PSTN networks.
GL's tools are widely used by the telecommunication industry for conformance testing, automated stress/load testing, performance testing, remote accessibility, centralized web-based control and analysis, fault testing and analysis, and customized testing.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/glcommunicationsinc/T1E1-Channelized-Emulatio/prweb11965772.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges