In a new video, U.S. Senator
Student Loan Debt
"I understand that it's getting more and more difficult to finance higher education. We have a real advantage being in
"We should not have the government making money off of student loans. Of course, most people don't realize that the student loan rate was set so that there would be a differential between what the government borrows it for and what the students would have to pay it, and that was to go to Obamacare...So our side of the aisle came up with an idea that it ought to be cut in half...And we got that passed not as a 6 month deal or a 1 year deal, but we got that passed as a permanent deal.
"There's not going to be any silver bullet that will take care of all of this, but we are concerned about education. I'm trying through the Higher Education Act to simplify the way that the forms have to be filled out for you to get there, and so that there's full disclosure of what your costs are going to be as you go there, so that you can see if you can afford it...But it is important to take a look at what that's going to cost, so if you've got any suggestions for ways to make it better for students, I'm into that."
Senator Enzi records "Collecting Common Sense from
Click play to view the video or follow this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSYUVHeNNMU
TNS 18EstebanLiz-140625-30FurigayJane-4777205 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor