The printing equipment company upped its interim dividend to
Although the company remains optimistic about its longer-term prospects, it is cautious about its prospects for 2015, due to competitive pricing in
Domino swung into a pretax profit of
In the previous year the company had posted exceptional costs of
Domino acquired a 15% stake in TEN Media, which produces technology for health checks on eggs, in 2011. The company was expected to generate positive returns during 2013. However it faced delays and a shortage of funds, and failed to produce revenue and profits.
The company said it had benefited from more stable economic conditions during the half year, which had led to improved customer confidence.
New products brought in during the year boosted equipment revenues by 15%. Domino invested
Domino continued to make progress with its new N-Series colour digital label presses; it installed eight of the presses during the half year, and has orders for a further eight from which it expects to see revenue in the full year.
Gross margin narrowed to 47.2%, down from 48.7% in the previous year, as revenues from printers grew but the average selling price of printers in
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Durbin Drubs Walgreen for Possible Tax Dodge