Carney told British lawmakers that any increase in base interest rates will be "limited and gradual."
He told the MPs that he expects the base rate, in five years' time, to be "materially below" the historic average of 5%. It currently sits at a historic low of 0.5%.
The dollar improved to
The buck was little changed at
There was almost no movement versus the yen, as the dollar remained locked in a tight range near 102.
In economic news from the US, new home sales surged up by much more than anticipated in the month of May, according to a report released by the
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly