Carney told British lawmakers that any increase in base interest rates will be "limited and gradual."
He told the MPs that he expects the base rate, in five years' time, to be "materially below" the historic average of 5%. It currently sits at a historic low of 0.5%.
The dollar improved to
The buck was little changed at
There was almost no movement versus the yen, as the dollar remained locked in a tight range near 102.
In economic news from the US, new home sales surged up by much more than anticipated in the month of May, according to a report released by the
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant